Apart from its close proximity to the Houston Galleria, the Hyatt Place is a mere 20 minutes from just about anywhere of interest to visitors in Houston: corporate offices, restaurants, and attractions ranging from the Museum District and the aquarium to NRG Stadium and Minute Maid Park.
With 35 million visitors annually, the Galleria itself is generally regarded as the most visited attraction in Houston!
The Hyatt Place project team tapped Southern Wall Systems for a scope of work that included four projects:
- Installing 65,000 square feet of continuous insulation (ci) systems
- Installing thin-brick masonry
- Applying waterproofing below grade
- Applying sealants high and low
- Hyatt Corporation came into being when members of the Pritzker family bought the Hyatt House hotel at Los Angeles International Airport in 1957.
- As a hospitality company that manages and franchises luxury hotels and resorts, Hyatt has 777 properties in 54 countries.
- Opened in 1970, the Galleria opened was anchored by Neiman Marcus and was modeled after Milan’s Galleria Vittoriio Emanuele II shopping center, which opened in 1877.
- Forbes has ranked the Galleria one of the world’s best shopping malls.
General contractor: McCarthy Building Companies
Client: Songy HighRoads LLC